Shure offers a challenging, fun and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve-week program is offered to undergraduate and graduate students. We offer internships with a variety of work arrangements from onsite interns to fully remote in US. Each intern will receive a competitive salary. Additionally, Interns who relocate to Illinois for onsite internships will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses. Applications will be collected, reviewed, and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
The eLearning Design Intern will work closely with our experienced instructional designers to develop training and educational content for industry audio professionals, aspiring audio engineers, and enthusiasts. Each intern will receive a competitive salary. This position is hybrid working remotely and on-site, as needed, at our Niles corporate office.
It is an ideal position for individuals looking to gain hands-on experience or looking to expand their knowledge and skills in instructional design while working in a collaborative and supportive environment. Our ideal candidate has a strong Instructional Design or Writing portfolio and a keen interest in learning how products work.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Shure Audio Institute. The Shure Audio Institute (SAI) creates learning solutions designed to enhance the knowledge and skills of our global customers, end-users, and partners in the field of audio technology. Our selection of free courses on general audio concepts, product sales and technical enablement, communicate Shure’s profound expertise in the industry.
This Internship can be Hybrid or Remote.
• Apply instructional design methodology to create courses which may include: eLearning, simulations, videos, webinars, instructor-led, etc.
• Conduct research and analysis to identify learners' needs, content gaps, and learning objectives
• Work with Subject Matter Experts to develop training materials and assessments
• Conduct research to understand audio gear
• Conduct reviews of educational materials and seek feedback from global stakeholders to ensure accuracy, clarity and that they meet their needs
• Deploy and load courses created onto the Learning Management System (LMS)
• Currently pursuing a degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Technical Writing, Technical Communication, Information Design, or Training and is a junior or higher standing
• Portfolio of writing and instructional design samples
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working with Subject Matter Experts and/or interviewing skills
• Familiarity with Camtasia, Articulate360, TalentLMS, Audacity and AI for content creation is advantageous
• Familiarity with the ADDIE instructional design model and SAFe/Agile
• Ability to receive direction and manage multiple small assignments simultaneously while meeting quality standards and deadlines
• Curiosity about new technology and how it works
• Innovation thinker, with the ability to bring new ideas and suggestions to the team
• Experience with audio products or involvement in the performing arts a plus
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
WHO WE ARE.
Shure’s mission is to be the most trusted audio brand worldwide – and for nearly a century, our Core Values have aligned us to be just that. Founded in 1925, we are a leading global manufacturer of audio equipment known for quality, reliability, and durability. We engineer microphones, headphones, wireless audio systems, conferencing systems, and more. And quality doesn’t stop at our products. Our talented teams strive for perfection and innovate every chance they get. We offer an Associate-first culture, flexible work arrangements, and opportunity for all.
Shure Incorporated is headquartered in Niles, Illinois, with remote and hybrid opportunities throughout the United States. We have more than 35 regional sales offices, engineering hubs, and manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, EMEA, and Asia.
THE MIX MATTERS
Don’t check off every box in the job requirements? No problem! We recognize that every professional journey is unique and are committed to providing an equitable candidate experience for all prospective Shure Associates. If you’re excited about this role, believe you’ve got the skills to be successful, and share our passion for creating an inclusive, diverse, equitable, and accessible work environment, then apply!